Real Property Tax Services
The Real Property Tax Services Department of Cortland County is here to serve you, ready to answer your questions and address your concerns. Our staff has a broad range of knowledge and experience, and we are pleased to share with you the many resources our department offers.
Some of the specific services we provide are:
- Property assessments, inventory, maps and assessment roll information.
- Image Mate online subscription services.
- Investigations of tax bill errors and recommendations for corrections.
- Training of Boards of Assessment Review members, and other municipal officials.
- Training, advisement and assistance to local assessors in the preparation and maintenance of their assessment rolls and inventory files. As well as deeds, tax maps and additional documents relating to real property assessment and taxation.
- Apportion the County tax levy and prepare the annual tax rate schedule for 15 towns, one city and 3 villages within the County.
- Work closely with 13 school districts for school tax bills.
- Coordinate the maintenance of computer files for the various assessing jurisdictions as well as produce assessment rolls, tax rolls and tax bills for the towns, school districts and villages.
- Create and maintain special districts and keying unpaid taxes for re-levy.
Note: Cortland County provides this information with the understanding that it is not guaranteed to be accurate, correct, current or complete and conclusions drawn from such information are the responsibility of the user. While every reasonable effort has been made to ensure the accuracy, correctness and timeliness of the data, Cortland County assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. Users of this data are hereby notified that appropriate agencies should be consulted for verification of the accuracy of the information contained on this site. It is possible that in the process of transferring the information to the website errors may have occurred. Any errors should be reported to Real Property Tax Services Department.