- Public Safety
- Public Defender
The Cortland County Public Defender’s Office is devoted to defending our clients’ rights. Our mission is to provide zealous representation to our clients. Our office serves citizens who have the fewest resources and who face some of the greatest challenges in life. We are dedicated to supporting the community at large by giving our clients a voice; by directing our clients to local resources to address their needs; by steering our clients in a productive, law-abiding direction; and by asserting the rights protected by our Constitution.
- Release of Health Information
- (Ignition Interlock)Financial Disclosure Report
- Court Date Reminder Information
- Mental Health Release Form @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Anger Management Brochure
- Online Courses Brochure @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
If you are notified that you need to get processed on your most current charge, this means that you will need to go to the Cortland County Jail to do so. The Cortland County Jail is located at 54 Greenbush Street Cortland, NY 13045 and their phone number is 607-756-4275.
- Make sure the jail has the necessary paperwork on your charges; you can either call them or you can have the Public Defender's Office call and check;
- Go to the jail and have them take your fingerprints;
- Inform the Public Defender's Office once you have completed the processing. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>