Inmate Visiting Hours
With the exception of the initial visit, all visits will be contact visits unless otherwise specified. Any violation of the visitation rules can result in restriction of your visiting privileges.
Inmates receive two one hour contact visits per week except in the case where a Disciplinary Hearing Board has imposed a sanction of the loss of one hour of contact visiting for a specific length of time, or when the Administration has restricted you to only having secured visits, or when a specific inmate is denied or limited contact visitation. Inmates may be restricted to secure visits only if they do not comply with rules or if there is a clear risk to others.
Visitor Sign in
All visitors must sign in 10 minutes prior to the scheduled visitation time. Picture ID must be presented. No Exceptions.
|Block and Section
|A Block & Section I||Tuesday & Friday||8 – 9 a.m.|
|B Block & Section III||Tuesday & Friday||9:10 - 10:10 a.m.
|C Block & Section II||Tuesday & Friday||10:20 - 11:20 a.m.
|D Block||Thursday & Sunday||8 – 9 a.m.|
|E Block||Thursday & Sunday||9:10 - 10:10 a.m.|
|Dorm 1 Beds 1-17||Monday & Saturday||8 – 9 a.m.|
|Dorm 1 Beds 18-34||Monday & Saturday||9:10 - 10:10 a.m.|
Contact Visitation Rules
- Contact visiting days and times are subject to change with prior notice posted in each cellblock and the public foyer of the jail.
- No persons under the age of 18 will be authorized to visit any inmate unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Photo ID’s are required and birth certificates or guardianship papers are required in the case of an accompanying child (under 18).
- Visitors must sign in for the visit at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the visit. If the visitor does not sign in 10 minutes prior to the visit, they will not be allowed in for visitation.
- No more than 2 visitors may visit any inmate at any one time.
- Physical contact between inmates and their visitors will be limited to the following: Inmates shall be allowed to briefly kiss their visitor(s) at both the beginning and at the end of the visit. Inmates and visitors shall be required to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with reasonable standards of public decency. Inmates may hold hands with their visitors through the visit.
- Inmates and visitors are to remain seated on their own side of the table.
- Children will be required to leave the visitation room if their behavior becomes disruptive.
- Nothing is to be exchanged between inmates and visitors without the express permission of the Correction Staff.
- All visitors may be searched to ensure they are not in possession of any contraband. All personal belongings possessed by any prospective visitor will be searched if such belongings are being brought into the facility.
- Passing of any contraband (any unauthorized item) is in violation of the New York State Penal Law 205.20. The Cortland County Sheriff’s Department will arrest and aggressively seek prosecution to the fullest extent of the law, any person who attempts to promote prison contraband