Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

SNAP provides low-income households with a supplement to their income to purchase food.

You can apply online at

The Food Bank of CNY offers SNAP prescreening and nutrition education: 

You can also apply at our office at 60 Central Avenue between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.

Please click this link for the available food pantries in Cortland County: (see attached) 

For further information about SNAP benefits, you may call the toll-free OTDA Hotline at 1-800-342-3009 and press “1” for SNAP.

The Cortland County Department of Social Services is pleased to inform Cortland County residents that a free mobile device application, called NYDocSubmit, is available for individuals to use to submit necessary documents at any time. NyDocSubmit is a mobile app that provides individuals who have applied for, or are receiving Temporary Assistance, SNAP, Medicaid, or HEAP, the ability to simply and quickly submit required documentation.  The mobile app is available for download on Google Play or the Apple App Store and can be used to take photos of documents and upload them to Cortland County DSS. Cortland DSS would also like to remind individuals that the website offers screening tools for Temporary Assistance and e-filing options for SNAP and HEAP.

If you think your benefits have been stolen through electronic means such as skimming please refer to this link:

EBT Scam Alert | OTDA (

Contact Us


(607) 753-5320
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency, (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at: and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA an provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.

To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
• Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistance Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 

• Fax: (202) 690-7442 

• Email: