Medicaid is a federally mandated program to cover medical expenses of the uninsured and under-insured.
If you or those you are applying for are:
• Under age 65
• Not considered disabled
• Do not already have an open Medicaid or Temporary Assistance case
Then you MUST apply for health insurance through the Health Benefit Exchange at:
1-855-355-5777 or http://nystateofhealth.ny.gov/individual
The Cortland County Department of Social Services is pleased to inform Cortland County residents that a free mobile device application, called NYDocSubmit, is available for individuals to use to submit necessary documents at any time. NyDocSubmit is a mobile app that provides individuals who have applied for, or are receiving Temporary Assistance, SNAP, Medicaid, or HEAP, the ability to simply and quickly submit required documentation. The mobile app is available for download on Google Play or the Apple App Store and can be used to take photos of documents and upload them to Cortland County DSS. Cortland DSS would also like to remind individuals that the www.mybenefits.ny.gov website offers screening tools for Temporary Assistance and e-filing options for SNAP and HEAP.
You may also apply through one of our program navigators or application counselors:
• Southern Tier Independence Center: call (607) 644-6966 or (607) 644-7843 to set up an appointment
• Cortland County Chamber of Commerce: call (607) 756-2814 to set up an appointment
• Family Health Network: call (607) 423-1198 or (607)753-3797 ext. 5022 to set up an appointment
• Molina Health Care: call (315) 870-5973
• Fidelis Care NY: call (607) 283-1239
Cortland Regional Medical Center: call (607) 756-3838 to set up an appointment
If you do not fall into one of the categories listed above, please call the Cortland County Medicaid Office at 607-753-5320 for application information.