Cayuga Works Career Center
The Cayuga Cortland Workforce Development Board will meet at 8:30 a.m. on February 27, 2019 at the Cayuga Works Career Center at 199 Franklin Street, Auburn, NY.
Your One-Stop Career Center
The Cayuga Works Career Center can be found at:
Training, Education & Employment
The Center is a single site in our community where job seekers and businesses can access information about training, education and employment services. Currently there are eight community agencies located at the CWCC to bring you a full range of employment and training services.
The Cortland Works Career Center truly represents all of the good things that can happen when government and community agencies work cooperatively to achieve a common goal. For us, that goal is to strengthen our County's workforce.
Whether you are unemployed, underemployed, or a business seeking a skilled workforce the Center has been created to meet your needs. This is your Center and we hope you will come in and see what we have to offer.
Veterans Come First
The Cayuga-Cortland Workforce Devlopment Area is proud to offer Priority of Service to veterans and their eligible spouses.
What does this mean? If you served in the military, you will be:
- Served first by the next available staff member
- Given first priority for jobs and training for which you are eligible and qualified
Services for Job Seekers
The American Job Center Network offers services for every job seeker. Your local One-Stop Career Center can meet your every employment need under one roof.
- Resource Room
- Computer Resources
- Career Resource Library
- Job Openings
- Comprehensive Employment Assistance
- Job Training Opportunities
- Apprenticeship Programs
- Veterans Services
- Job Fairs
Services for Employers
The American Job Center Network of One-Stop Career Centers offers the services and resources you require to expand your business and to meet your business needs.
- Multiple Agencies Under One Roof
- Computerized Match to Workers
- Job Postings
- Training Funding Opportunities
- Customized Recruiting
- Incentive Programs
- Human Resources Assistance / JSECs
- Labor Market Information/Business Statistics
- Apprentice Program Certification
- Affirmative Action / EEO Guidance
- Labor Law Interpretation
- Layoff/Transition Assistance
- Health and Safety Consultations
Services for Youth
The Cortland County Employment & Training Youth program at our One-Stop Career Center is designed to enhance youth success in educational, vocational, and occupational areas. This program is now called the STEP 1 Program.
- Tutoring and Study Skills
- Alternative Secondary School Instruction
- Summer Employment Opportunities
- Supportive Services
- Adult Mentoring
- Occupational Skills
- Leadership Training
- Paid Work Experiences
- Individual Plans for Success
- Employment Search