Where do I call to make a report?
If you suspect a child is being abused or maltreated you would call the State Central Registry (SCR). The SCR is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to receive your call. The telephone numbers are:
Mandated Reporter………(800) 635-1522
Public Hotline……………(800) 342-3720
If the report is accepted, the SCR will assign the report to the County where the maltreated child(ren) and parents/guardians live. A Child Protective Services Caseworker (CPS) is then assigned to investigate the report. As the source of the report, you can expect a telephone call from the assigned CPS caseworker within the first 24 hours.

Show All Answers

1. Where do I call to make a report?
2. What can I expect when I am the subject of a Child Protective Report?
3. How do I get a report amended from indicated to unfounded?