- Human Services
- Area Agency on Aging
- LASS Engagement Centers (Local Aging Adult Satellite Service)
LASS Engagement Centers (Local Aging Adult Satellite Service)
Outlining County Centers
- Harford- Creamery Hills Apartments, 355 Creamery Road, Harford. Open Wednesdays and Fridays 11:30-2:30 PM. Activities include cards, bingo and more! Grab and Go Meals offered for pre-registered seniors ages 60 and older. Contact Brandy Jackson at 607-844-8229.
- Preble- Summer location, Preble Park, with bad weather change to Preble Fire Station. Open 1st, 3rd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, and 2nd Saturday. Times vary. Potluck style meals, activities, educational guest presentations. Contact Dave Morse at 315-663-1654.
- Scott- Scott Senior Club, 6816 Route 41, Homer, NY 13077. Open Mondays for Pitch at 9:30 AM, Fridays for Breakfast from 7-10 AM. Evening Meals once a month. Contact Kay Harvey at: 607-842-6871 or 607-749-9391.
- Truxton-Truxton Living Well Center, United Methodist Church, Route 13, Truxton, NY. Open Tuesdays from 4-7 PM for dinner meals and activities, and Thursdays from 8-11 AM for breakfast and activities. Meals served are potluck style. Arts, crafts, wellness activities. Contact: Jill Kraft, 607-244-1445.
- Virgil- Virgil Seniors, Virgil United Methodist Church, 1194 Church Street, Virgil. Open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 AM to Noon. Activities include: Exercise, guest speakers, puzzles, crafts, open computer lab and more! Contact Pastor Steph Brown: 607-857-3556.
- Willet/ Cincinnatus-Cortland Chenango Rural Services, hosting at Seton Hall , 2704 Lower Cincinnatus Road, Cincinnatus, NY. Activities every Tuesday from 9 AM to Noon, Bingo 1-3 on Wednesdays, Breakfast on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Fridays of the month. Call ahead to confirm. Contact Joanne Brown-Garringer: 607-863-3828.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Local Community Activities for Older Adults
- McGraw- Lamont Memorial Free Library, 56 Main Street, McGraw, hosts a senior social every 2nd Thursday of the month. Call 607-836-6767 for more information.
- Homer- Homer Town Hall, 31 North Main Street Homer. Open Wednesdays at 10 AM for Chair excercise, Bingo at 10:30, Bag Lunch at Noon, Pitch at 12:30 PM. Contact Sylvia Hammond at 607-749-7811 for more information.
- Cortland- St. Charles Hotel, 83 Central Ave. Cortland. Shuffleboard: Mondays, 8:30-11 AM, and 12:30-3 PM. Tuesdays, 12:30-3 PM, Thursdays 8:30-11 AM. Contact Gary Mead for more information: 607-753-9945. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Local Aging Adult Satellite for Services Grant offers seniors an opportunity to become active leaders and and participants in creating, directing and managing those activities best suited to the needs of local communities in which they reside.
For more information and Questions about the Grant Application, Please follow to this page: GRANT APPLICATION
Heath and Human Services PowerPoint Presentation: Center Re-opening