- County Clerk Services - Updated May 18, 2020: Information regarding Pistol Permit Amendments is below.
- Effective immediately, the DMV Drive-thru is closed. Click here for the notice.
- Passport Services - Beginning, May 20th Passport Services are available in the County Clerk's Office. Additional information available at the U.S. Department of State website and in this publication. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
While public access to our office is restricted, due to COVID-19, a process has been implemented to allow amendments to be made to Pistol Permits. Below are instructions on how to complete the process, along with the necessary forms.
- Amendment Instructions
- Pre-Approved Coupon Information and Signature Page
- Sample: What to complete on Amendment
- Blank Amendment @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Clerk of the Corporation
The County Clerk's Office is the official repository of all records created within the County such as Local Laws, certain resolutions, insurance policies, and county foreclosures. The County Clerk is the "Keeper of the Seal" and must place the seal on all official and financial indebtedness of the county.
The County Clerk's Office is one of the oldest offices in the state and carries with it a number of responsibilities.
Services provided by Cortland County Clerk's Office include:
- Civil Actions
- Criminal Actions
- Small Claims Assessment Review
- DBA (Doing Business as)
- IRS Small Business Tax and Resource Center
- UCC (Uniform Commercial Code)
- Pistol Permits
Online Records Search
Visit the Online Records site to view and at no fee. If you have trouble viewing this website, please phone IQS, 1-800-320-2617 for assistance.
Please note: Photocopies made in the County Clerk's office are $.65 per page with a $1.30 minimum (rate set by NYS).
The County Clerk is the County's Record Management Officer and is responsible for overseeing the Records Center on Port Watson Street in Cortland. The Clerk is responsible for retaining and disposing of records in accordance with the Record's Management Retention and Disposition Schedule, as put forth by the NYS Education Department and the NYS Office of Court Administration. Click here to view a copy of the County's Records Management Policy.
E-Recording & E-Filing
Fee Schedule (PDF).