- Only wastes generated in Cortland County are permitted.
- No liquid, hazardous or burning wastes will be accepted.
- No prohibited items allowed as posted at the Cortland County Landfill (see list below).
- No smoking.
- One vehicle allowed on the open face for dumping at a time, unless otherwise directed by a Cortland County Landfill employee.
- Safety vests must be worn if unloading on the open face.
- Must remain in vehicle unless removing tarp in staging area or unloading.
- Follow all other posted policies prominently displayed at the facility and/or the Cortland County website.
- Follow all directives of Cortland County Landfill employees while using the facility. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Cortland County Landfill Commercial Waste Permit - For Persons Engaged in the Business of Collecting and Hauling Municipal Solid Waste, Construction and Demolition Debris for Disposal to the Cortland Landfill and Recyclables Left at Curbside to the Cortland Materials Facility as required and defined by Local Law No. 4 of 2017, as amended by Local Law No. 2 of 2018
- Cortland County Landfill Private Business/Farm Permit - For Businesses and Farms of Cortland County That Wish to Self-Haul Municipal Solid Waste and Construction and Demolition Debris Generated at Their Places of Business or Farms to the Cortland County Landfill as required and defined by Local Law No. 4 of 2017, as amended by Local Law No. 2 of 2018
- Cortland County Landfill Residential Waste Permit - For Residents of Cortland County Who Wish to Self-Haul Personal Waste to the Cortland County Landfill as required and defined by Local Law No. 4 of 2017, as amended by Local Law No. 2 of 2018 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Annual Permit - $30 Per Vehicle
- Per Ton - $90
- Credit available after 30 to 60 day approval period.
- Local Law 2 of 2018 and Local Law 4 of 2017 - Flow Control; information and full local law. Haulers are required to obtain a permit.
- Annual Permit - $10 Per Vehicle
- Minimum Charge - $10
- White Goods - $2 Per Item
- Large Dead Animals
- Compressed Gas Tanks
- Junked Automobiles
- Burning or Hot Loads
- Used Motor Oil
- Wet or Lead Acid Batteries
- Fuel Contaminated Soil
- Friable Asbestos
- Liquid Wastes
- Sludge (Without a Permit)
Appliances containing Freon will be accepted with a fee of $15/unit to cover purging expense.
- Municipal Solid Waste
- Residential Solid Waste
Designated Route for Trash Haulers
Below is the designated route for the transportation of solid waste to the Cortland County landfill.
Trash haulers may use undesignated roads to pick up customers solid waste on their collection day, but must use the designated route otherwise.
N.Y.S Law requires that ALL Loads of waste must be Secured and Covered.